USBCrypt Press Release
For Immediate Release
For more information contact:
WinAbility Software Corp.
USBCrypt protects confidential files on removable drives
WinAbility Software Corporation has released USBCrypt™ version 16.10, a software encryption utility that enables Windows users to protect sensitive files on external drives from getting into the wrong hands. With USBCrypt, a user can set aside a portion of any removable or fixed drive to keep confidential files from unauthorized access. The encrypted drives can be used with other Windows computers, that have no USBCrypt software installed on them. Because USBCrypt uses the industry standard AES encryption, if the drive gets lost or stolen, the encrypted files remain safely locked until the correct password is entered.
Unlike other encryption programs, USBCrypt is closely integrated with the Windows shell, which makes working with the encrypted drives easy and intuitive. When the user enters the correct password, the encrypted container appears in Windows just like a regular disk, with its own drive letter, that can be used to keep files of any type, including text documents, spreadsheets, confidential sales or client information, video and music files, and so on. The encryption and decryption occurs transparently to the user, providing a seamless and uninterrupted user experience. When the user opens an encrypted file, USBCrypt decrypts it "on the fly". When the user saves changes to the encrypted file, USBCrypt encrypts the changes in the background, too.
USBCrypt can encrypt not only the USB drives, but also the drives connected through other methods, such as eSATA and FireWire: if Windows recognizes a drive, USBCrypt can handle it. It can create NTFS-formatted Virtual Encrypted Disks on the FAT-formatted host drives and vice versa. USBCrypt also offers the option of creating a "spare key" file that can be used to gain access to the encrypted drive should the user forget the password.
USBCrypt may be purchased securely online at http://www.winability.com. Prices start from $49.95 for a personal license for up to 2 computers. Site licenses and volume discounts are also available. USBCrypt is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7 (both 32-bit and x64), and Windows Server 2008 R2 (or later). Fully-functional trial version is available for free download. For more information, visit http://www.winability.com or contact WinAbility Software at P.O. Box 630272, Rockville, UT 84763-0272. Phone: 1-435-200-5772.
# # #
If you have not done so yet, feel free to download a no-strings-attached-no-obligation installation file of USBCrypt and see for yourself how USBCrypt can be of use to you:
- Personal vs Business license
- Limitations during the evaluation period
- What's new in the new version
- USBCrypt press release
- End User License Agreement (EULA)
- WinAbility Encryption Driver
- Migrating encrypted data from TrueCrypt
- Make it easy to return your lost encrypted drive
- Can USBCrypt encrypt the C: drive?
- Encrypt Firefox profile with USBCrypt
- How to move the Dropbox folder onto the encrypted drive
- USBCrypt for Microsoft® Office users
- Why can’t I copy large files over 4GB to my USB flash drive?
- Test the strength of your password with USBCrypt
- Using names and labels to organize USBCrypt drives
- How to password-protect a USB flash drive (video)
- Always have a backup of your important files